How Does the Seattle Arthritis Clinic Work?
- Office Hours
- Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m - 5 p.m. on Friday. Individual physicians may have extended hours. Please let us know if you have special scheduling needs. More contact information and directions.
- If you think you are experiencing a potentially life threatening situation, Call 911. For urgent rheumatologic problems after hours or on weekends, call: (206) 368.6123 and ask for the physician on call. For all other problems, call the office during normal hours to schedule an appropriate appointment.
- Scheduling Appointments
- When you wish to schedule an appointment, please call (206) 368.6123.
- Telephone Calls
- Test Results: You will be contacted if diagnostic results require a change in therapy. Normal or borderline results, or results that require detailed explanation, will be discussed at your next clinic visit. If you cannot wait until your follow-up visit, please call and ask to schedule a nurse visit to come in and review.
- General questions or new problems: A telephone call can never replace an office evaluation of a problem. Brief questions to clarify confusion can be answered over the phone. New symptoms or complex questions will require a visit.
- E-mail Communication
- We are currently working on providing this service to you.
- The Seattle Arthritis Clinic patients who are in need of hospitalization will be admitted to Northwest Hospital & Medical Center unless requested otherwise.
- About Insurance
- As you know, there are many changes in healthcare across the nation for 2014. Our clinic policy (as well as most insurance plans), require a visit to your primary care physician (PCP) before you can be referred to a specialist.
As insurance plans and their requirements change, please be aware that you may need to obtain an insurance authorization from your primary care doctor to be seen by one of our providers.
You can check this by contacting your insurance company directly. If your insurance requires it, we cannot see you without having an authorization at the time of your appointment.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 206.368.6123 and our staff will gladly assist you.